There are days when I’m so beat at the end of the day that I’d rather pass out than make dinner and if I lived alone, I’d probably do just that. Unfortunately, there are usually two hungry boys in the house as well and while I could let the Irishman fend for himself, I shudder to think what he would end up making. So, I make these burritos instead.
These are, without a doubt, the easiest things in my arsenal. They literally take 4 minutes from the time I take out the ingredients to the time they’re ready to serve. The process is super easy.
1. Grab a tortilla (white or whole wheat)
2. Open a can of refried beans (I prefer Amy’s organic) and add it to the tortilla
3. Add a generous helping of shredded cheese
4. Zap it in the microwave for 60 seconds
5. Add your favorite cold toppings
We usually add: sliced black olives, sour cream, diced tomatoes, taco sauce, sliced green onions
6. Wrap it up and serve (or add more cheese and toppings on top and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds).
What’s ridiculous about this meal is that the boys love it and would eat it multiple times a week if I let them. Plus, it isn’t quite as bad for you as most frozen dinners and some nights, that’s about as good as it gets.