Lordy, where did the month go?!? So, how did everyone do in our first 30 Day Challenge? It’s totally okay if you didn’t make it all 30 days. The general point was to make exercise a priority in your life and to establish good workout habits. I hope that you all learned something this month! I got within a pound of reaching my goal and I’m pretty sure I’ll get there by the end of this week, so I’m thrilled about that.
First, let’s talk about next month’s challenge. This one is going to be a food challenge and will probably be slightly different for everyone. My personal challenge this month will be to go VEGAN FOR 30 DAYS. No cheese?!? No fish?!? No half and half in my morning coffee?!? That’s right folks, I’m giving it all up for the month of September. Actually, I’m giving it up with one exception – honey. I’m keep honey in my diet because it’s a natural sweetener and I think that there are many benefits to consuming it. Also, we buy our honey from local beekeepers and I can assure you that no bees were harmed in the harvesting of the honey.
While I realize that going vegan may not be the right fit for all of my lovely readers, I would encourage you to examine your own diet and make your own food goals. Have you always wanted to try out going vegetarian for one month? How about cutting out all fried foods? Or maybe desserts and other refined sugars are reeking havoc to your diet? Whatever it is, make sure that it’s a big enough goal that it will be a challenge for you. I have a feeling that this one may make the bigger difference for how you feel because with our bodies, when we eat junk, we feel like junk.
Now, for the giveaway! One reader will win this set of Gold’s Gym resistance bands, which make working out at home and on the road a breeze.
- 3 long resistance tubes
- 3 resistance levels
- 2 detachable, easy-grip rubber handles
- Removable, adjustable nylon strap
- Fabric sleeve to help prevent wear and tear
- Carry bag with drawstring
- Instructions on how to use the resistance bands
We used to use these in swimming all the time and they are a great alternative to free weights.
To enter this giveaway, follow the instructions below (ALL ENTRIES NEED TO BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT ON AUGUST 31):
(1) Mandatory for entry = answer the following question in the comments below: What is your September food challenge going to be?
(2) Mandatory for entry = Subscribe to this blog on the right hand side under “Email subscription” (and let me know that you did so in the comments below.)
(3) Extra entry = “like” dailycynema on Facebook (and let me know in the comments below).
(4) Follow @dailycynema on Twitter (and let me know in the comments below).
Super simple, huh? I can’t wait to send this gift along to one of my lovely readers!
P.S. This is not a sponsored contest. Gold’s Gym has no clue who I am, I just like these bands and wanted to give away a set as a way to say thanks for reading and keeping me company on these challenges.